Protecting your personal details on our website
The Website is brought to you by Easy Pre-Orders Ltd. Easy Pre-Orders Ltd believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will state that by entering and using the system you are accepting to our Terms & Privacy. You can ask for your data to be forgotten by the system and have it removed at any time, by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]. Your query will be dealt with within 24 business hours of it being received by EasyPreOrders.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be 'sensitive personal data' within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, for example, information about your dietary needs that you enter when making a PreOrder.
Privacy for customers in plain English
If you are a customer who made a booking with a restaurant or venue
Any data we hold against you is for transactional purposes of enjoying goods and services at a restaurant that uses EasyPreOrders.com in order to transact orders or payments. Such information could be passed from reservation partners in order to fulfill transactions and would only include data pertinent to your booking, for example name, email address or phone number. Think of EasyPreOrders as a replacement service of email boxes, Google Drives or Excel that are commonly used to aid organisers in collating pre orders.
EasyPreOrders does not market to you or hold any data to then re-use to sell further goods or services from EasyPreOrders. Restaurants that you are interested in i.e. where you have a booking, may want to use your data to re-market their services to you. However, in accordance with GDPR rules you as a customer have to actively opt-in to receive such marketing materials.
Customers who have been invited to a booking at a restaurant or a venue
Organisers of bookings can use EasyPreOrders to make their lives easier and rather than using emails or text messages to invite you collect pre orders or deposits, EasyPreOrders essentially replaces emails, text messages and spreadsheets. If you are invited to a booking, EasyPreOrders does not use your data to market or re-market from a restaurant, that you have dined or attended, unless you positively opt-in as per GDPR rules.
Restaurants and venues that use EasyPreOrders have access to your data and agree that they use such data as part and course of supplying goods and services to you. If you feel a restaurant or venue is using your data without your consent please contact them directly. EasyPreOrders can also help you determine if the venue is using it in a just fashion. Restaurants and venues are unable to download information about you if you have not opted in.
EasyPreOrders has a number of reservation partners whereby it is business critical to share data in the interests of performing a transaction.
Here is the important legal bit that talks in more detail and must be understood. Do feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions, comments or concerns.
1. Collecting Information
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us or a venue you are dining at or attending, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service, any food choices of you or your guests and or dietary information. In these cases data is stored against a booking rather than creating a profile.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
2. Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than 2 years which we deem the necessary time to fulfill these purposes.
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In the case of providing marketing assistance as described in 2.3.3 we will provide you with the opportunity of positively opting in to receiving marketing communications from the venue in which you are booking at. This is an opt-in tickbox and will be present both when making your PreOrder or payment and within your profile. Your personal data, if opted in, will be available to the venue for them to use for marketing purposes which may consist of email marketing to the email address provided. You can change your preferences at any time either within your profile inside EasyPreOrders or by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
- Google Tag Manager, LinkedIn and Facebooking tracking - EasyPreOrders allows venues and restaurants as well as internally to benchmark and understand customer trends. EasyPreOrders can not identify a single customer nor correlate web usage with an individual and provide analysis. Examples of how we use it could be and not limited to, understanding which products are selling well, how conversion and page speed impacts on sales. If you use Facebook and a venue is choosing to re-market goods you have the ability to turn such adverts off within those applications simply by accessing your account.
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We, and other companies in our group, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager at Easy Pre-Orders Ltd, Atomic House, 50 High Pavement, Nottingham NG1 1HW.
3. Protecting Information
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Only the last four digits of the card number, use for a payment through EasyPreOrders, are revealed to our support team for customer support purposes only. The card details are kept secure by Stripe our merchant gateway and cannot be seen or used by any user of the system.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. The Internet
- If you communicate with us using the Internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. This may include a booking query from our customer support team or a user feedback survey regarding your experience of the platform. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website or enter the website for the first time, we will state that by entering the website you accept to our Privacy and Terms. You can always send us an email through [email protected] or [email protected] at any time if you would like to have your data removed from the system. If your data is attached to a payment then it may be a case that we have to keep your data for a specific retention period of 2 years because of the fact that it is attached to a payment within the system.
- Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
- We may use 'cookies' to monitor how people use our site. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive through your browser, to recognise your browser and which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
5. Turning Off Cookies in Different Browsers
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
- The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
7. Further Information
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this free of charge by emailing us at [email protected] or [email protected] or writing to us at the address noted above.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it within 24 business hours of receiving notice of your request. Please email us at [email protected] or write to us at the address above to update your Personal Data.